Candidate Screening Process
Send us your next job and we'll show you that our resources and response time can't be beat.
For nearly 35 years we've been recruiting talented professionals for our clients. We've built solid relationships with our candidates, most of whom are selectively recruited by us, referred to us, or contact us based on our excellent reputation.
To provide only the best talent, we follow an extensive screening process before presenting candidates:
• Ensure that candidates fit your needs, expectations, and company culture
• Evaluate candidates using our rigorous 4-tier screening process
• Perform reference checks
• Conduct background checks (credit, criminal, DMV, and more) as requested
• Handle all negotiations
• Monitor complete satisfaction
A Thorough Evaluation Process
Starpoint rigorously evaluates credentials, including background, criminal and reference checks, and more.
• Everify checks for I-9 accuracy and employment eligibility
• Phone and in-person interviews
• Background and work reference checks
• Technical evaluations (for IT positions)
• Credit checks
• Criminal (local, federal and national) checks
• Cultural fit and communication skills
• Drug tests (at a client’s request)
• Education verification
• Social Security verification
• Sexual offender database checks
• HIPAA testing
• DMV report checks
Our Four-Tier Screening Process
To provide the best resources, we use a four-tier process to select, screen, present, and monitor our candidates:
1. Starpoint’s experienced recruiters perform an initial screening before adding candidates to our database and sending them on for further review
2. Trained from a functional and technical perspective, resource managers source, screen and interview candidates. Approved candidates are then forwarded
3. The Account Manager then determines if the candidates would be a solid fit. Starpoint Practice Managers and subject matter experts conduct a final, detailed analysis to ensure the candidate meets the criteria of the client
4. Starpoint will either meet locally with candidates or conduct a video conference interview prior to submitting to the client. To prepare them for an assignment or interview, Starpoint actively supports, mentors, and coaches its candidates
Starpoint is an equal opportunity employer. We successfully partner with certified minority and women-owned businesses (M/WBEs) to share expertise and talent.